Job Advert – Vehicle Technician
Full-Time – Permanent
Indigo-GT Ltd is a privately owned company operating in the automotive sector that specialises in performance tuning and the supply of high-end aftermarket tuning parts through various channels, established in 2005, the company currently employs seven people and is looking to recruit a fully qualified NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) Vehicle Technician to join our growing team.
The role will be based at the company’s unit in Tredegar.
Reporting to our Workshop Manager, your role will primarily be focused around repairs and enhancements on high performance vehicles, the majority of the parts we use are aftermarket in nature, we’re looking for someone that’s able to think outside the box, approach a situation from a unique perspective and offer efficient solutions, this role will also include the following;
- Completing advanced electrical and mechanical diagnostics and repairs
- Service inspections and maintenance repairs to manufacturers specifications and above
- Engine, gearbox and drivetrain disassembly / rebuilds and repairs
- Fitting and modification of high end aftermarket tuning parts including fabrication
- Four wheel alignment and corner waiting using our Hunter System
- Liaising with suppliers and colleagues to orders parts and offer technical advice and assistance
- Communicating effectively with customers to explain problems and offer effective solutions
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade A to C
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) Vehicle Technician Qualification – this is essential for this role
- Minimum of two years working as a fully qualified Vehicle Technician – this is essential for this role
- Good working knowledge of Windows based applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organisation skills are essential
- Self-confidence and initiative to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to liaise with staff, customers and suppliers
- Methodical approach to time management
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of working within a customer focused automotive environment as a fully qualified technician for a minimum of two years and have practical knowledge of the automotive industry. Applications from individuals who are not fully qualified and/or are unable to demonstrate experience of working as a fully qualified vehicle technicianwill not be considered. As a small company, we work with the ethos that nothing is someone else’s problem, a flexible approach to work is a necessity.
The successful candidate will receive a salary of £18k - £22k per annum dependent on experience and 28 days holiday (enforced on Bank Holidays & Christmas).
A full UK driving licence with no more than 3 points and own vehicle is essential for this role as travel will be required.
Applications for this role can be made using the the Universal Jobmatch website at the following link: https://goo.gl/Wxw7gJ
Engineered and manufactured in Germany, KW Coilovers stand proudly as a premium product offering outstanding refinement and capability. Those searching for the perfect balance between quality and performance need look no further, we have been using KW Coilovers on our own development cars for the past few years starting with our E92 M3, since then [...]
Milltek Sport Exhausts Free Fitting With more than 33 years of continuous exhaust development and technical expertise to draw upon, it's little wonder why Milltek Sport's ever expanding and comprehensive range of performance exhausts is trusted by customers the world over from motorsport professionals to keen fast road users. Designed and manufactured in Britain, Milltek Sport exhausts provide [...]
Stage 1 Performance Software Ford 1.0 EcoBoostWith Ford's award winning 1.0 Litre engine under the bonnet, the EcoBoost engine offers a great balance between performance and economy. As demonstrated in Formula Ford, these engines have the capacity to punch well above their weight without breaking a sweat. Stage 1 performance software offers huge improvements in [...]
Engineered by KW, ST Suspensions offer fantastic performance and quality at an incredibly competitive price, we've been busy adding the most popular applications to our website but as always, if something isn't listed just get in touch and we'll provide you with a quote. ST X Coilovers Need to get low? ST coilovers feature a continuous thread [...]
Stage 1 Performance Software Focus RS Mk3Enhanced power delivery, unique safety features and white-knuckle response at your disposal, Stage 1 Software for the Mk3 Focus RS gives you access to much more than just peak power figures. By engineering their Software in-house they have been able to completely re-design the way in which your vehicle delivers power [...]